Laura kullanıcısının yanıtı:
As experienced AirBnB Super Hosts, with consistent 5 star ratings, this review stands out a mile. Why? Unfortunately while we have been luckily enough to meet over 100 lovely guests in our time as hosts this guest was an exception. Sheila obviously had a bad nights sleep as the softness of the mattress and feel of the pillows wasn't to her liking and decided not to stay the two nights. While any reasonable guest would approach their host and explain their difficulties Sheila did not communicate with us and when we did get in touch she was rude and disrespectful and made it very clear that we would be threatened with the above review if we were not willing to offer a full refund.
We decided to let her carry out this threat as we feel all our other reviews far outweigh and over shadow the bitter ramblings of an unpleasant guest. Indeed if any guest of an AirBnB host was to check in and the quality of the accommodation be so lacking as Sheila describes above, then surely they wouldn't check in at 2pm in the afternoon and check out the next morning having consumed all the food and thoroughly used the facilities? Indeed this guest made no attempt to contact us or complain in this period.
In answer to the above points:
1. The bedroom is 24 foot by 10 foot and the overall size of the annex is a roomy 480 square feet. Hardly small by any standard. In hosting over 100 guests not one person has been unable to open the window or blind.
2/ 3/ 4. The bed is from John Lewis and the pillows and duvet are all less than 12 months old. Obviously a preference for a firm or soft mattress is down to an individual but we have had reviews as recently as August stating '..the bed was very comfortable'. The bed is a standard size double as is the duvet. This is clearly displayed in the photos. No where do we claim to provide a king size bed.
5. Our listing clearly states the facilities we provide and no coffee machine is mentioned. Guests are more than happy with tea, instant coffee, fresh orange juice, water AND herbal teas we provide. There were no croissants only fresh brioche and pain au chocolate provided.
6. The bathroom floor is tiled as are most bathroom floors in the country. Hence we provide a bath mat to stand on when exiting the shower. We provide two bath towels and two had towels which are all a standard size and less than 12 months old. No guest has ever reported this size inadequate.
If you were familiar with the area in which we live, you would be aware that our accommodation falls within the Peak District National Park. This greatly differs from a location such as Matlock when it comes to accommodation prices and indeed we compare very favourably to even a basic room at The Rutland Hotel in Bakewell which begin at £135 (never mind a multi room suite)
7. There is a glass shelf in the bathroom to stand toiletries on and also a wicker basket. 8. We do not provide a socket to charge a tooth brush or razor and therefore do not list it in the description of our annex.
9. There are two mirrors in our accommodation. A small mirror over the bathroom sink and a large mirror in the bedroom. No guest has ever complained re the mirrors and they normally use the chair provided to sit and dry their hair or apply their make up. I myself am 5' 7" and have no problem in looking in each mirror.
10. We provide door hooks to hang items and have previously provided wooden hangers which were taken by guests so have not been replaced. We have plans to add a clothing rail to the apartment in the near future.
11. The stairs to the property are both shown on our photographs and described in our listing to ensure guests realise this before booking. As our house is a character, period property each stair may not be identical in measurement. However the difference between all stair treads is less than 1/2 inch discrepancy.
What does luxury mean? That's down to an individual's interpretation of the word.
To this guest it means a king size bed, a coffee machine and no steps.
In our case luxury means original and expensive art work on the walls; engineered wood floors; Laura Ashley and John Lewis furniture; Sony flat screen TV; 5 star hotel toiletries provided; a large, totally private apartment in a highly sought after location with private parking behind an electric gated driveway, at the head of a private road; top of the range digital german wall heaters; extremely fast Apple equipped WI-FI; Farrow and ball paints on the walls, top of the range brushed chrome german light fittings and sockets. The list could go on.
My advice to Sheila would be to read accommodation descriptions and study the photographs before booking in future.