Our quirky old house is on a lovely quiet street in the centre of Musselburgh. It's very close to the shops, EXCELLENT public transport to Edinburgh and East Lothian as well as to the Racecourse, beach, river and many golf courses . You’ll love your room because it is large and comfortable. It is in the attic and therefore it feels private and separated from the rest of the house. You'll have your own bathroom on the first floor too . Our place is good for families, couples and anyone really.
Our house is a family home. We have three children (11,11,4) and four cats. We are open minded, easy going people who have always enjoyed travelling and also enjoy sharing our house with our guests. If you are looking for cheap and comfortable place to stay - our attic room has it all !
Your room occupies the whole attic area (2nd floor) and feels very private as it's quite separate from the rest of the house. There is a small fridge in your room for your convenience and your own kettle with tea/coffee/hot chocolate. You are welcome to use our kitchen and dining room if you need to. We'll try to leave things tidy for you and give you space for preparing meals. You'll have one shelf in our fridge and a shelf in a storage room available for you.
Your bathroom is located on the first floor and it will not be used by our family. Clean towels and basic toiletries will be provided for you. You can use the garden if you like.
We generally tend to leave our guests as much privacy as possible but are more than happy to give advice and help if required.
- Guests are not permitted to access any other rooms of the house other than their bedroom, bathroom and kitchen/dinning room area.
- We have four very friendly cats so be aware if you suffer from allergies.
- Our cats are likely to follow you into your room so it is up to you to decide if you want them there. Door can be kept closed to keep them away.
- Smoking is strictly outside (Garden)
- We make sure that your room and your bathroom is clean and tidy for you. However - we LIVE in a house and as we are the family with 3 kids, the rest of the house can be messy at times. Therefore you need to be ok with a bit of mess.
- The children are welcome to come and stay with us. We have travel cot available if required.