Country house with beautiful views of barn and horses, a get away or place to entertain or hold a retreat. Only 25 minutes to Short Pump, 45 minutes to downtown Richmond. Come walk the trails on our 94 acres or sit out on the porch and enjoy the views of the horses and barn, or fish on the pond. House features two bedrooms each with a queen bed, and can accommodate more if needed, full kitchen, two full baths, dining area with seating for 12. Pet friendly and horse boarding available.
Full kitchen with stove/oven, microwave, dishwasher, toaster and coffee maker, dishes, glasses, silverware, dish towels, kitchen utensils. There is also a washer/dryer.
One set of linens and towels provided per bedroom. There is no housekeeping provided during your stay.
Guests park at house and can walk the approximately 2 miles of trails on the property, and walk through the barn area. Bring a pair of boots and appropriate clothes as the trails may be muddy.
It is a great place to reconnect with nature, take your kids on a country getaway without being too far from amenities, observe the barn animals, and catch a glimpse of deer, fox, raccoons,rabbits, turkey, geese, hawks and other wildlife, or fish in the pond for some big bass or panfish. It is ideal for a small group as it is complete with a large table seating 12+, a white board, and quiet away from the office.
We live at the main house, almost a mile down the driveway, and we will be happy to meet you and show you around if we are home.
- Must follow posted barn rules
- No smoking in the house, no smoking in or near the barn or on the trails
- No feeding any of the barn animals
- No firearms on premises are allowed
- No access to fences or pastures allowed
- No unlocking of gates or fences
- No swimming in the pond
- Guests must sign equine liability waiver
- Please respect personal belongings and do not remove from premises
- Guests not allowed in hay loft
- Dogs are allowed up to 25 lbs or by separate approval
- Cleaning fee of $125 is required
- Horse boarding is offered under separate agreement
- No access to main house (log home) near pond. Do not approach dogs near log home.
- Vehicles must stay on gravel drive. Do not drive on pastures or fields.
- Do not touch equipment or machinery near barn or in outside areas. At times the hay will be harvested so do not get near equipment in fields.
- Do not approach or touch wildlife. Stay on trails only.
- If you are afraid of ticks, mosquitoes, spiders, snakes and wildlife this is not the property for you to explore.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash or under control at all times.
- Fishing is allowed on the pond but is catch and release only. You must bring your own equipment and you must assume all liability for you and your guests around the pond.
- Fences are electrified. Please do not touch the fences.
- Parties and events are allowed under separate written agreement and a mutually agreed price for hosting
Parties and events will require event insurance and the guest must procure a liquor license or permit if part of the party activities