Experience the best of Trinidad, Colorado during your stay at 'Home in the Hills.' With 2 bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms and accommodations for 4, this humble abode guarantees the most quintessential southern Colorado retreat you won’t soon forget! Enjoy spectacular views of Fisher’s Peak and the Eastern Plains while relaxing on the covered front porch.
Lose yourself in the serenity of this stunning, completely off-grid, solar-powered Trinidad vacation rental house. From the moment you step foot inside ‘Home in the Hills,’ you will be enchanted by its genuine southwestern character, and quiet serenity. You’ll adore the warm, comforting ambiance of this rural home, from the inviting rustic-inspired decor, to the expansive views visible from every room in the house - not to mention the secluded yet not remote feel of this gated ranch community.
With 1,400 square feet of tastefully appointed living space, this dwelling is ideal for small families or friends traveling together. During your stay, you’ll be delighted to discover all the important amenities you need for the ultimate home-away-from-home experience, including wireless internet access, up to 4 sets of towels and linens for all beds, in-unit laundry machines and flat-screen satellite TV. Prepare your favorite home-cooked meals in the fully equipped kitchen.
Situated high atop a ridge in the gated Fishers Peak Ranch, this fantastic 35-acre property boasts unparalleled plains views, as it overlooks the historic frontier town of Trinidad and Old Santa Fe Trail. In the evenings, enjoy a clear view of the magnificent twinkling stars above as you unwind with your loved ones on the front porch. Look forward to sipping your morning coffee in the loft overlooking Fisher’s Peak, as the sun begins to flood the eastern plains and town of Trinidad with light.
Breathe in the sweet smell of Pinon Pine as you watch the summer thunderstorms roll in over Raton Pass, or take a leisurely afternoon nap while listening to the wind rush through the trees in the canyon below. After an eventful day of hiking through the rolling hills, unwind with your loved ones around the stone fireplace in the living room as you watch your favorite TV show on the flat screen satellite television.
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Dikkat edilecek diğer şeyler
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, in-unit laundry machines, wireless internet access, 35 acres of private land, ceiling fans, off-grid solar power, gated community, flat screen satellite TV, and much more
- Fantastic location overlooking Trinidad - Easy access to museums, antique shops, mouthwatering restaurants and entertainment!
- Close to amazing outdoor attractions, including Fisher’s Peak, The Highway of Legends, Trinidad Lake State Park, Sangre de Cristo mountains, Monument Lake, North Lake and more!
- Master Bedroom: Queen-sized Bed
- Bedroom 2: 2 Twin-sized Beds
- 2 Twin-sized Air Mattresses can accommodate extra guests if necessary
A Note from the Owner...
I just wanted to share with our prospective guests a bit about why spending time at this "home in the hills" has a special significance for me. I was born and raised in Trinidad. As a youngster, I would often climb up the small hill at the top of Tillotson Street (there were no houses there then) and perch on one of the large rocks, surveying the town below and Fisher's Peak in the distance. It seemed like I was above everything, except the clouds in the sky overhead. This was my "thinking time", and those are treasured moments of my childhood.
That was almost 70 years ago, and a lot of livin' has transpired since then. College, Army, broadcast career, marriage, small business, born again in Christ, grandchildren, retirement...and now the sense that things are coming full circle. The reason for building our "home in the hills", was a desire to share some of those childhood moments when life was simpler with family members. Now that we know the wonders of nature seen in the trees, the rocky hills, the passing thunderstorms and the rainbows that follow ...are all works of the Creator, and are manifestations of His awesome power and wisdom. You may not agree with us about that, but you are still welcome to come and enjoy our "home in the hills" and maybe have a little quiet "thinking time".
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Must be at least 30 years old to book
- Please accurately represent the amount of guests in your party so the property is prepared for your trip
- Please note this home requires 48 hours between each booking.
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- A four wheel drive vehicle is required to access the property during the winter.
- Please note: This is an off the grid, solar system property that is not connected to any power utility line