A majestic colonial style home perched in the center of a 47 acre farm with private forested land, a young orchard, a pool, verdant gardens, Romney sheep and Heritage chickens just 80 minutes from midtown Manhattan – a perfect escape from the city and a place to enjoy some peace and privacy.
Grape Hollow Farm is located in the Hudson Highlands near the headwaters of Stump Pond Stream. The house is within a mile of the Adirondack Trail, 17 minutes of the Village of Pawling and 16 minutes from the Metro-North Patterson station.
The house and property can easily accommodate family gatherings, reunions, retreats, or small events (on a case-by-case basis with pricing TBD). Here are the sleeping possibilities.
- Master Bedroom on 2nd floor: 1 queen size bed for 2 people.
- Room on 2nd floor: 2 single beds, plus one pull out trundle for 3 people.
- Room on 2nd floor: 1 single bed, plus one pull out trundle for 2 people.
- Room on 2nd floor: 1 queen size bed & 1 day bed for 3 people.
- 2 Queen sized self-inflating mattresses for 4 people.
- Sofa in living room for 2 people.
- Pull out sofa in basement for 2 people.
- Max Capacity: 18 people
There’s a fully stocked pantry and kitchen; two full baths; laundry room; fire place; SONOS sound system, WIFI, entertainment center and ping pong table in the basement. There's plenty of open outdoor space, soaring maple trees and forests to roam around. There’s a beautiful pool open from Memorial through Labor Day weekends. There's a deck off the kitchen with a Green Egg BBQ Grill, dining and lounge furnishings next to a large back yard.
This is a operating permaculture orchard, sheep and chicken farm and we hope you’ll enjoy both the house and property in the same way that we do. The house is decorated simply and is cozy in all seasons. The house has a big front porch that overlooks the orchard.
All local activities including Stormville Airport Antique Show & Flea Market (in season), Inn is free Garden, Hudson Valley Apple Trail, Hudson Rail Trail, Brewster Farmers' Market, Pick-Your-Own at Fishkill Farms Apple Orchard, Shakespeare at Boscobel, beach, festivals, hiking, biking, swimming, shopping, antiquing, skiing...and so much more.
Guest has total privacy. No interaction necessary but socializing is optional. I’m organized and prompt and will do everything to make the rental process smooth so you can concentrate on relaxing. I live in Brooklyn, but have a trusted property caretaker should anything arise. I also have a wonderful housekeeper for any cleaning issues. Pool will be skimmed and cleaned as needed. The farm manager or I will be around briefly to feed the sheep and Grape Hollow Farm is sells it's products at the Pawling Farmer's Market which requires coming and leaving early Saturday morning to gather the fresh produce.
Dikkat edilecek diğer şeyler
* The beds will be made up for your arrival - fresh linens and towels throughout
* Paper goods are supplied.
* Some spices/coffee and tea will be stocked. Please replenish or notify us if you run out.
* Grape Hollow Farm is a green regenerative permaculture farm and we strive to minimize our negative impact on the environment by reducing waste. We have a wonderful well that generates cold, clean and delicious water throughout the house so bottled water is not necessary.
* The kitchen is equipped with 20+ sets of plates, silverware and glasses so throwaway plates, plastic utensils, and cups are strongly discouraged.
* Please help us to minimize the negative environmental impact of disposable world!
* Is located downstairs in the entrance.
* Detergents supplied.
* Passcode given on arrival
* Remotes provided in basement family lounge (No DVD Player)
* If you need any assistance with the Big Green Egg please call Scott.
THIS IS A NON SMOKNG HOUSE AND PROPERTY
* Please do not smoke on the property. Thank you.
* If you need any pool assistance please call Scott. Maintenance may stop in to skim pool occasionally to insure your comfort to swim by removing any falling leaves.
* Please keep heat at 65 degrees on departure in winter.
* Please be sure to close and lock all doors on departure.
The house is on a septic system, so nothing but the "basics" and toilet paper in the toilet, please.
GHF is a special place to hold weddings and retreats. There is a $6000 site fee in addition to lodging costs for weddings. Contact me with your requirements and we can determine the overall costs and details.
We’re mindful of your privacy. Please be aware that there
is one NEST camera on the rear deck and one on the front deck. There are no cameras in the house. The function of the cameras is to monitor the pastures for predators and assist in protecting the safety and property of the farm.
No smoking. Pets are allowed. However, there are farm animals on the property and you never know how a dog is going to react to a free-ranging chicken. All house rules will be in the electronic farm manual. When you reserve Grape Hollow Farm, I will provide the manual in advance of your arrival. Guests will be provided with a code. Upon arrival instructions will be provided to operate the thermostats, as each zone has its own thermostat. The steam bath in the master bathroom is inoperable. Visitors are not allowed, and no parties please.
Bu ev sahibinin diğer mekânları için 11 değerlendirmesi bulunuyor.Diğer değerlendirmeleri görüntüleyin
I'm a film producer from New York City with three children. I love to travel and find cool, off the beaten track places to stay. We also love to ski, surf, bike and be active.